Listening House is currently looking for a part-time Direct Service Program Associate.
This position is designed to welcome and support the guests of Listening House, where ALL are welcome. The person in this role will listen, support, advocate, and provide basic needs for guests on a daily basis. In addition, the Associate will be adept and comfortable working within the harm reduction model.
You can also view this posting on the MN Council of Nonprofits job board.
|Location: Twin Cities Metro||Activity Area: Human Services and/or Youth Development|
|Category: Health/Human Services||Hours: 15/week daytime|
|Job Type: Part Time||Salary: $15.00/hr|
|Closing Date: open until filled|
- Conduct basic assessments including mental health condition; addiction status, cognitive ability or other indicators that pose a barrier for a guest.
- Provide direct support to guests in a hospitable manner using the harm reduction philosophy.
- Determine guests’ needs according to established protocol and procedure.
- Offer guidance and support within Listening House, or make appropriate referrals to outside agencies.
- Maintain unbiased judgment of the guests being served.
- Advocate on behalf of guests as needed.
- Assist daily with assorted operational tasks.
- Assist in disseminating guest communication (fliers, announcements, emails, etc.).
- Continually promote the Listening House mission.
- Serve as an ambassador to donors and volunteers, both on a daily basis and at all fundraising events.
- Assist in the training, direction, and support of volunteers.
- Document daily activity of guests and services provided.
- Participate in weekly team meeting.
- Support colleagues in decision making and/or when back up is needed.
- Provide facility oversight; clean up living room, wash and fold laundry, clean up outside area, prepare the living room for special events.
- Accept, account for, track, and sort donations.
- Other duties as assigned.
If you are interested in applying, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to volunteer?
Volunteers are the jewels in our crown! We tailor opportunities to match the volunteer. A tour of the facility and a visit with Julie, the volunteer coordinator, allows potential volunteers to better decide if Listening House is the place for them. Volunteers can work directly with guests, or can work behind the scenes. Special skill sets, like haircutting, massage or office work are wonderful, but if you simply like people and want to meet new people, Listening House is an interesting place to pay a visit. Volunteers must be 18 years of age and older.
We ask for a 3-month commitment and an orientation is provided.
To volunteer at Listening House, please contact our Program Director, Julie Borgerding: Julie@listeninghouse.org
Make a Gift
Nearly 75% of annual revenue is provided through individual giving and sponsorship of funding events. This level of generosity allowed Listening House to extend hours and increase the level of services as the need arose. To say staff could not do what we do without donors is an understatement.
Thank you for your interest in supporting Listening House. To give, click on a donate button below or scroll down to review many other giving options.Donate through Give MN
Here are options to donate:
Listening House of St. Paul, 464 Maria Ave, St. Paul, MN 55106
Request Alex May
We accept Visa, MasterCard or American Express
Did you know that you can designate Listening House in your pledge to United Way? Simply enter our name and address (464 Maria Ave, St. Paul, MN 55106) on the form.
Honors & Memorials
Contact us for transfer information: 651.227.5911
Request Cheryl Peterson
Double the power of your gift, download the donation form here.
Any questions can be answered by Cheryl Peterson, Executive Director of Listening House. Please contact her at 651-227-5911 or email: email@example.com
Board Approval February 2014
Listening House collects and uses personal information from donors that includes: name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and donor comments when a donor voluntarily provides it to us. In addition, Listening House keeps a record of each donor’s giving history. This information is kept on file for IRS purposes and is also used in our development process to analyze overall giving patterns as a way to make accurate budget projections. Listening House does not sell, trade, rent or share names, addresses, e-mail contact or telephone numbers of our donors. Donor contact information is used only for the following purposes:
• To prepare donation receipts
• To thank donors
• To inform donors about news, events, or other Listening House activities
• To perform internal analysis and/or maintain record keeping
• To prepare reports for relevant federal or state agencies (these reports are not for public inspection)
• To contact donors about changes to this policy
As a rule, Listening House publicly recognizes a donor by publishing a donor’s name unless the donor explicitly requests anonymity when making a donation by mail or online.
*Indicates Most Needed / Requested Items
Foot Powder & Spray
Athletic Shoes of all sizes
Shower Shoes/Flip Flops
Markers, Art Paper, & Watercolors
*Jeans (Men & Women)
Men’s Belts (all sizes)
The money box!
Gift in Honor
Become an Ambassador
Ambassadors come in all ages and sizes; they are the people who tell others about us. Here are ways YOU can be an ambassador to the Listening House.
Sign up for our E-news (below).
Share your story with Julie at 651-227-5911 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Host a party to support Listening House (click link on the left for ideas).
With your help, we can spread the good news to a growing audience and widen our community of supporters!